CKXU Radio Society
August 1, 2012
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lobby for new music materials from record companies and labels.
- Be responsible for the review and classification of all in-coming musical submissions.
- Maintenance and rotation of the CKXU playlist, Digital playlist and Digital and Physical libraries.
- Compile weekly charts including genre-specific charts as well as the submission of these charts to Canada-wide charting authorities.
- Communicate with with representatives from record companies for tracking purposes.
- Overseeing the activities of certain other Administrative Officers.
- Ensuring programmers meet all content requirements.
- Reviewing all music logs, filing accordingly and report any problems.
- Submit a monthly report to the Executive Director.
- Arrange interviews with artists performing in Lethbridge.
- Solicit for complimentary tickets through record companies, club owners and promoters.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Demonstrate an eclectic and unbiased knowledge of music.
- Strong organization skills.
- Understanding of broadcast equipment.
- Good understanding Windows Operating Systems and digital filing.
- The ability to work well with a diverse range of individuals.
- Past radio experience is an asset, but is not required.
How to apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter and a brief statement telling us why you want to work for CKXU, to the CKXU Executive Director, Aaron Trozzo, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 5pm on Monday, August 13 2012. Everyone is thanked for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.