Scholarships & Finance
November 8, 2012
Applications are now available for the 2013 Métis Scholar Awards.
There are a minimum of 6 awards for undergraduate students and a minimum of one award for graduate students. Award value is a minimum of $2,500 for undergraduate and $10,000 for graduate students.
To be eligible students must:
• Be enrolled full-time in any undergraduate (9 credits per term) or graduate degree program;
• Be a Canadian citizen;
• Provide proof of Métis heritage, with at least one of the following:
1. Photocopy of a valid Métis Nation of Alberta (MNA) membership card (which can be obtained from the MNA) or,
2. Valid membership card in any one of the following organizations: Métis Settlements of Alberta, Métis Nation of Ontario, Manitoba Métis Federation, Métis Nation – Saskatchewan, Métis Nation British Columbia; or,
3. Photocopy of parent(s), aunt’s/uncle/s or sibling’s valid membership card in any of the above named Métis organizations;
• Submit a letter of no more than 400 words outlining your experience with the Métis community;
• Not be receiving funding from Rupertsland Institute – Métis Training to Employment Services;
• Not be a Registered or Treaty Indian under Canada’s Indian Act.
Selection will be made by the following criteria:
• Demonstrated financial need
• A minimum GPA of 2.3 in the immediate previous semester at UofL for undergraduate applicants and a minimum of 3.0 and satisfactory performance for graduate applicants (ranking is by higher to lower GPAs).
Completed applications with all required documentation must be received by 4:00 pm, January 9, 2013 at the Scholarships and Student Finance office, AH 151.
To obtain a .pdf application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Scholarships and Student Finance.
Award recipients will be determined by committee in January and award payments made in February.