Curriculum Re-Devel Ctr (CRDC)
November 5, 2012
CAETL wants you!
Become a Teaching Fellow.
Teaching Fellows will be academic staff members with tenured, tenure-track or continuing appointments who have demonstrated both commitment to excellence in their own teaching and willingness to champion the importance of teaching development in the university community.
Teaching Fellows will contribute directly to the achievement of the CAETL’s primary objectives to:
Foster a community of practice in which teaching and learning are enriched and celebrated.
Extend the University’s commitment to a scholarship of teaching.
Lead the integration of best teaching practices with new technology.
Establish a process of generative evaluation that will inform, guide, and justify the continuing activities of the Centre.
In reaching these objectives, Teaching Fellows are expected to be involved in some or all of the following
- workshop planning and organization of CAETL Talking About Teaching series, or Teaching Day
- individual consultation with faculty members
- mentorship of small groups of new professors
- research into teaching and learning
- classroom observation
- presentations at provincial, national, and international conferences
- other activities, as agreed upon in negotiation with the Chair, Manager, and/or Advisory Council
The CAETL Teaching Fellow call will go out in early November. Applications must be submitted through your faculties/schools which will develop and follow nomination and initial review procedures as appropriate. All nominations will be forwarded to the Chair of the CAETL Advisory Council no later than March 1, 2013.
Faculties may apply for terms to commence on any of the following:
July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014
January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015
To learn more and apply please visit: