October 26, 2012
1) Attend MINDFUL MEDITATION Lunch and Learn Oct 30 AH100 – 12:00 noon – 1:00 PM - Cheryl Dick - Practical meditation for everyday living.
2) Review ergonomic guidelines - do your own self-assessment. See checklist on page 25 of the Office Ergonomics booklet http://www.wcb.ab.ca/pdfs/public/office_ergo.pdf
3) Download the free WorkSafe Sam Stretch Prompter from WorkSafe B.C. Sam will remind you when it's time to get up or take a break. http://www2.worksafebc.com/Topics/Ergonomics/Resources-office.asp
4) Re-organize your workstation, tool chest, shelf or desk drawers. Staying organized improves efficiency, and productivity not to mention safety! Get rid of clutter!
5) Participate in a campus safety inspection with the Joint WorkSite Health and Safety Committee. Contact Chairs: Dan Berte at 2190 or Mike Pinder at 2102 to find out when the next inspection is.
6) Attend this year's Life Balance Fair on November 7 on the Indoor Track at the Centre for Sport and Wellness - from 10 - 1 - lots of health, safety and wellness resources, free lunch and prizes!
This notice is posted to the Event Calendar on the following dates: