International Externship Opportunities
Alberta Abroad places talented, young Alberta graduates into short-term international work positions called externships. The program helps graduates gain professional work experience in their field of study while working at an international organization or company. It's a win-win. Externs acquire new skills and gain a better appreciation of other cultures and values. Host organizations benefit from the talents and enthusiasm of young graduates, and Albertans benefit from strengthened global relationships.
Who is eligible to apply for Alberta Abroad externships?
Externships are available to recent graduates of Canadian diploma, undergraduate or graduate programs. Applicants should be Alberta residents and Canadian citizens (or landed immigrants) between the ages of 19 and 30 and must have graduated within the last 24 months.
10 Good Reasons to Apply
- International work experience looks great on a resumé
- Paid work experience
- Externships are government-negotiated, so you can confirm their legitimacy
- Comprehensive cultural training pre-departure
- Create international business contacts
- Live in a different country for up to a year
- Assistance with work visas and other paperwork
- Each job description is different and requires different skills and education
- Because you know you want to!
- You'll have the time of your life!
Where will I be Working?
You might work for an international organization, government, a financial institution, an academic think tank, or an industry association anywhere in the world.
How do I Apply?
visit www.albertaabroad.alberta.ca to apply.