Study Tour of Japan
Tentative Dates: June 1 - 23, 2017
Location: Hokkai-Gakuen University, Sapporo, Japan
Interdisciplinary Studies 2600
This course features an excursion to Japan which is associated with Hokkai-Gakuen University in Sapporo, Hokkaido. The course includes 18 hours of lectures and language training at the University of Lethbridge prior to departure. In Japan, the daily program includes lectures, language training, numerous social and cultural events, and field visits to sites of natural and cultural significance. Enriching opportunities to meet other students from varied international backgrounds and the home-stay immersion experience of living with a Japanese family are significant components of the exchange and the course.
This course counts as a Social Science GLER.
Cost: Approximately $4000 plus spending money. This cost includes airfare, accommodation, most meals, and tuition.
Note that this cost is estimated for Canadian Students and Permanent Residents and assumes scholarship is awarded. International Students will be subject to international tuition rates.
Cost is subject to change based on enrolment or other factors, but this is a fair estimate for budgeting purposes.
- Full-time U of L student
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Must have at least Second year standing by Summer Session I, 2017
DEADLINE: January 15, 2017
- Pick up application form from the International Centre (SU040)
- Submit the following documents to the International Centre by January 15, 2017
- Application Form
- 250-word essay explaining why you would like to participate in the program
- Official Transcript
- Thu, Nov 17 | 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. | TH 241
- Tue, Nov 22 | 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. | TH 143
- Fri, Dec 2 | 2 - 3 p.m. | M 4105
For inquiries, contact email@example.com