Bachelor’s Degree Hoods
The bachelor’s degree hoods are a shell of black lined with blue, trimmed with a twisted gold and blue cord. Specific degrees are distinguished by the colour of braid on the lining:
- Bachelor of Arts: white braid
- Bachelor of Arts & Science: white and gold braid
- Bachelor of Science: golden yellow braid
- Bachelor of Education: light blue braid
- Bachelor of Fine Arts: brown braid
- Bachelor of Music: pink braid
- Bachelor of Health Sciences: red and gold braid
- Bachelor of Nursing: red braid
- Bachelor of Therapeutic Recreation: green braid
- Bachelor of Management: dull brown braid
- Students receiving combined degrees wear the colours of the two degrees on the braid
Master’s Degree Hoods
All master’s degree hoods are a shell of black, lined with blue. An exterior border of light blue satin indicates the hood is for a master’s level degree and the distinguishing braid follows the colours of the undergraduate hoods.
Doctor of Philosophy Hoods
The doctor of philosophy hoods are a shell of royal blue, lined with sapphire blue satin and a bright gold chevron. The walden blue velvet trim is outlined in bright gold piping, reflecting the University’s colours.
Other Noteworthy Regalia
The chancellor wears a black robe with a wide band of gold trim and a black velvet mortarboard with a wide gold band and gold tassel.
The president and vice-chancellor wears a black robe, trimmed with wide gold and blue bands and a black velvet mortarboard with a wide gold band and gold tassel.
The Chair of the Board of Governors wears a blue robe with a blue velvet band trimmed with twisted blue and gold trim and a blue mortarboard with a blue and gold tassel.
Members of the Board of Governors wear blue robes, open at the front with a thin gold trim around the shoulders and a blue mortarboard with a blue and gold tassel.
Individuals receiving an honorary degree, or for those who have received an honorary degree in the past, wear a blue robe with thin gold trim and gold sleeves. Honorary degree recipients wear a blue mortarboard with a gold tassel and a blue hood with a shell of light blue. A chevron of gold and a border of white velvet complete the hood design.