International Management Major
What is International Management?
International management is the practice of managing business operations in more than one country. International Management professionals are familiar with the language, culture, economic and political environment, and business practices of countries in which multinational firms actively trade and invest. They also have the conceptual and analytical skills needed to formulate effective management strategies and policies to benefit all the firm’s constituents in today’s globally competitive environment.
Why complete an International Management major?
Do other countries, cultures and languages intrigue you? Have you always wanted to travel – perhaps even live and work abroad?
As an International Management major, you will:
- Learn about cross-cultural management practices and how
- work behaviour differs throughout the world
- Study international aspects of business, trade, marketing,
- finance and economic systems
- Develop fluency in a second language
- Gain cross-cultural experience
- Hone the skills needed to meet the challenges of doing
- business internationally
- Build a network of personal contacts across the globe
Students choose International Management because of the breadth of training, their strong interest in global management issues, and their desire to experience the world while gaining valuable management training.
What courses will I take in an International Management major?
- Four-year Bachelor of Management - International Management (pdf)
- Post-Diploma Bachelor of Management - International Management (pdf)
- Bachelor of Management as a Second Degree - International Management (pdf)
- Management Certificate - International Management (pdf)
Who will I be working with over the next several years?
Meet our International Management Faculty
What can I do with an International Management major?
Learn more about a career in International Management
What programs offer an International Management major?
When you apply to the U of L for admission, you apply to a program (degree or certificate) and a major. An International Management major is available in the following programs:
- Combined Degrees
- Four-year Bachelor of Management
- Post-Diploma Bachelor of Management
- Bachelor of Management as a Second Degree
- Management Certificate