Master of Science (Management)
HOW TO APPLY
Applications to the School of Graduate Studies at the University of Lethbridge are submitted via the Graduate Online Application System.
Skype uoflmscmgt for program advisement for Master of Science (Mgt)
FOR STUDENTS INTERESTED IN
- Academic study and research at the master's level
- A proven alternative to a Master of Business Administration Degree (MBA)
- Conducting scholarly investigation into issues facing the field of management in a chosen area (major)
- Preparing to succeed in PhD studies
- Pursuing corporate career in research and/or analysis
- 24 month (min 12 months - max 24 months), full-time, intensive research-based program offered at all three campuses: Lethbridge (main), Calgary and Edmonton
- Part-time study available over 48 months (4 years)
- Students will complete a variety of courses, seminars, research workshops, and a written thesis
- Funding Opportunities
MASTER OF SCIENCE (MANAGEMENT) PROGRAM
The MSc (Mgt) Program attracts students with an interest in research, and is designed for students with an undergraduate degree in Management, Business, Commerce, or related disciplines (eg. Psychology, Economics, etc.). Graduates of our program are well positioned to pursue PhD degrees or pursue corporate careers in research and analysis. Our alumni have been admitted into very reputable doctoral programs and/or have launched successful business careers in consulting, marketing research, as financial analysts, and post secondary educators. Whether your career goals are within academia, research or the corporate sector, our graduate program will provide a value-added experience that will lead to many new employment opportunities for you to explore.
Accounting; Finance; Human Resource Management and Labour Relations; Information Systems; International Management; Marketing; Policy and Strategy
Information about the majors here
DUAL DEGREE OPPORTUNITY
- We have a dual degree agreement with the University of Applied Sciences, Schmalkalden, Germany. This agreement provides students with an opportunity to obtain a Master of Science in Management degree from the University of Lethbridge and a Master of Arts in International Business and Economics for the University of Applied Sciences, Schmalkalden.
"The MSc (Mgt) Program develops scholars who have a solid understanding of research paths in their discipline, are skilled in the research process, and contribute to management scholarship. Our graduates are prepared to enter and succeed in high quality doctoral programs or to pursue careers where research skills and scholarly knowledge are valued"