Undergraduate Travel Award
University of Lethbridge, Faculty of Arts & Science
1. Value: $500
- Travel must be related to the applicant’s academic studies. This includes (but is not limited to) presenting a paper or poster at a conference or workshop, or travel for the purposes of participating in a competition.
- Travel to attend training, for study programs/tours, or for any type of relocation is not eligible for this award.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing, enrolled full-‐time in a degree program, and achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0 in their most recent 30 credits (graded courses only).
- Students may receive funds from this program only once per academic year (May through April), but priority will be given to students who have not previously received funds from this award.
- Students must be enrolled in an Arts & Science degree program during the period in which the travel will occur.
Students who can demonstrate particular excellence will be given first consideration for this award. This may include (but is not limited to) having placed highly in some preliminary selection process, having been highly recommended by a faculty member or coach for the activity, or having a paper or poster accepted for presentation at the event. Evidence of this must be submitted with the application
4. Application Deadlines
November 1: For travel during the following Spring semester (January – April)
March 1: For travel during the following Summer semester (May – August)
July 1: For travel during the following Fall semester (September – December)
- Applicants are responsible for submitting their completed applications directly to the Faculty of Arts & Science by the designated deadline dates. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. In the case where these dates fall on a weekend or holiday applications will be accepted on the following working day.
5. Receipt of Travel Award
- Students selected to receive the award will receive a letter confirming their award from the Office of the Dean of Arts & Science. Payment of the award will be made directly to each student’s personal Cash Office account.
Submit completed application in person to the Faculty of Arts & Science Dean's Office, A570 (University Hall).
Arts & Science Dean's Office
Office: A570 (University Hall)
Phone: (403) 329-2240
Fax: (403) 382-7114