Liberate Your Mind!
Liberal education is about the ‘Big Picture.’ At the U of L it means breadth. You study in your major area of interest and you also learn about various other disciplines in order to become a well-rounded and well-educated person.
Students who participate in liberal education courses will develop:
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to evaluate and use information effectively
- The ability to work with quantitative ideas and mathematical relations
- Skills in integrative thinking