The Department of Kinesiology in the Faculty of Arts and Science requires all work to follow the citation and referencing guidelines of the American Psychological Association (APA).
Help in following these guidelines can be found in the following web-based locations:
- www.apastyle.org - Official site of the American Psychological Association (APA): How to correctly write in APA format.
- http://www.apastyle.org/apa-style-help.aspx - Official Site of the American Psychological Association (APA): How to Cite Information From the Internet and the World Wide Web
- www.westwords.com/guffey/apa.html - APA Style Electronic Formats by Dr. Mary Ellen Guffey of Westwords, Inc. This site focuses on a style appropriate for business writers using APA.
- Columbia Guide to Online Style by English professors Janice R. Walker and Todd Taylor. This site includes formats and examples for a variety of electronic resources in many styles.
- https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ - Documenting Electronic Sources from Purdue's fine On-line Writing Lab (OWL). This site contains additional
links to citations in different disciplines, links to other resources about citing Internet resources, and overviews of different styles.
- http://web.utk.edu/~hoemann/whats.html - Electronic Style--What's Here by George Hoemann of the School of Information Sciences at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville. This site contains several styles and many links to related material and citation guides by discipline.
- www.bedfordstmartins.com/online/cite6.html - Using APA Style to Cite and Document Sources from the Web site for the book Online!: A Reference Guide to Using Internet Sources by Andrew Harnack, an English professor, and Eugene Kleppinger, a software consultant.
- www.wisc.edu/writing/Handbook/Documentation.html - Writer's Handbook: Documentation Styles produced by the University of Wisconsin-Madison Writing Center. This site includes examples for several styles.
Additional text-based assistance can be found in the Library Information Network Centre (LINC) or for purchase in the University Bookstore.