Provost and Vice-President (Academic): Andrew Hakin
As Provost and Vice-President (Academic), Dr. Andrew (Andy) Hakin is responsible for the day to day operation of academic matters within the University.
Hakin has been a U of L faculty member since 1989 and continues to operate a nationally-funded research program in the field of physical chemistry.
- Appointed Provost and Vice-President Academic (2007)
- Appointed Associate Vice-President Academic (2005)
- Professor (2003), Associate Professor (1994), Assistant Professor of Chemistry (1989)
- Served as Chair of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- President, U of L Faculty Association (2001)
- Distinguished Teacher Award (2000)
Royal Society of Chemistry
He is a Graduate and member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and holds a
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Chemistry from the University of Leicester (1984)
- PhD in Physical Chemistry, University of Leicester (1987)
Hakin is one of an elite group of researchers who study calorimetry and the thermodynamics of aqueous systems. Calorimetry takes what most people understand about counting calories or, more importantly, burning them off, and takes it to a new level. Read more about Dr. Hakin’s research.