Information for Parents
Regular Camp Hours
Regular camp hours are 9AM – 4PM with drop off and pick up between 8:30AM and 4:30PM. Short term parking is available and each camper must be checked in & out every day. Please leave valuables and electronics including – cell phones, tablets, video games, or music players at home. Extended Care is available for drop off and pick up between 8:00AM – 5:00PM. The additional cost is $40/5 day week and $32/4 day week. Registration for Extended Care is in addition to camp registration.
Lunch & Snacks
We are a NUT-SAFE camp and ask that campers do not bring nuts in their lunches and snacks. We have 2 snack breaks during the day. We will do our best to monitor but cannot guarantee the absence of any allergens at camp. Campers must bring a water bottle (no glass please) with them to camp. Please put the camper’s name on the bottle and lunch bag.
Swimming & Spray Park
Campers swim on Tuesday & Thursday at the University Pool. The youngest camp each week only swims in the shallow end. The older campers must take a swim test to be eligible to swim in the deep end (use the diving boards/platforms). Please label towels and swimsuits. ½ day camps do not swim.
On nice days we will visit the Spray Park/Nicholas Sheran Playground for games and water activities. Please pack a swimsuit, towel, and sunscreen every day for your camper.
We recommend a backpack to carry personal items and running shoes or sturdy sandals (no flip-flops) as we will be walking to the park or pool and playing outdoor games.
Lost and Found
We will put all lost and found items out for display daily during your child’s camp week. After that we will hold the items until the end of summer. At that point all unclaimed items will be sent to a local charity.
Expectations for Participants
We want to make this experience an extraordinary one for every child. Please make sure adequate information about each child's needs are communicated with us to ensure this happens.
Destination Exploration has a three strike policy regarding camper discipline.
1. First strike is a verbal warning with the camper.
2. Second strike is a call made to parents/care-giver outlining the incident and a discussion with the camper on unacceptable behaviour.
3. Third strike is the camper is sent home. No refund will be issued.
- A $20 cancellation/$10 transfer fee is charged for each activity/program cancellation or transfer.
- The administration fee is not applicable on refunds due to enrolment quotas.
- All cancellations/transfers must be received in writing, by Sport & Recreation Services before consideration.
- Canceling within 7 working days and 1 working day prior to the commencement of the activity/program will result in a 50% refund of original registration fee – materials portion of registration will not be refunded.
- Refunds/transfers will not be considered from 1 day prior to the commencement of the activity/program.
- Refund requests received after the start of the activity/program will be considered on an individual basis. These requests need to go to the appropriate program supervisor for approval.