This grant is to support and encourage Institutional collaboration in R&D for a period of two years in the areas in which Institutions from SICI’s Indian and Canadian Member Council can benefit. This grant intends to fill information gaps for policy makers and others influencing the policy-making process.
In general applications from all domains of studies like Social Sciences and Humanities, Arts, Commerce & Management and STEM subjects are accepted. However, applications are encouraged in the focus areas of SICI and priority areas of MHRD, Govt. of India i.e. Food Security and Sustainable Development, Water Resource Management, Gender, Bi-lateral Trade and Investment, Energy and Environmental Sciences, Securing Future of Children and Youth, Higher Education, Agricultural Science & Technology, Teacher Education and Training, Health Sciences, Nursing, Marine Sciences and Ocean Studies is invited under this programme. The Institute in its broader ambit also includes vocational education as specified in the Xth Addendum of the MoU.
Applications can be submitted by any Faculty from Indian Institution or Canadian Institution who are in the Member Council of the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute. The project proposal must clearly address the feasibility of the proposed project with an undertaking to complete it within the stipulated period of two years commencing from the date of notification of the award. The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute provides grant to start the research at a rudimentary level so it is appreciative that the applicant may try to arrange additional contributions from other sources and from his/her own institution also.
• Proposed SICRG projects must involve a bi-national research initiative in any of the fields mentioned above.
• Faculty members/academics/researchers of Canadian and Indian member institutions are eligible to apply for this grant. A list of SICI member institutions is available at the link provided here: http://www.sici.org.in/index.php?page=member-institutions
• The applicant and co-applicant should be a full-time faculty member of a Canadian or Indian member institution.
• The Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or India.
• The receipt of the award is a faculty from an Institution of good standing either from India or Canada who are in the Member Council of SICI.
• Applicant must involve young faculty/research scholars/students in the proposed project.