BA - Art
You have two options for pursuing a degree in Art, Dramatic Arts or Music – the Bachelor of Arts and the Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Music. Whatever route you choose, you’ll study with dedicated professors who are professional artists and scholars.
In general, the BA allows you to pursue your studies in the Fine Arts, and select more electives to satisfy your interests in other areas of arts and sciences.
Focus your attention on studio-based courses and art history/museum studies as part of your major. You can select any combination of drawing, painting, sculpture, photo-arts, printmaking, computer art, video, installation art, performance art, and audio art as well as a selection of art history/museum studies courses ranging from art surveys to museum studies internships.
Facilities & Spaces
- Metal shop with foundry, forge & plasma cutter
- Individual studio spaces for senior students
- Modern wood shop
- Bronze & aluminum casting lab
- Digital fabrication lab including 4-axis CNC router
- Printmaking studios with laser cutter
- Digital media studio with 3D & large format printer
- Photography & camera obscura lab with full wet darkroom
- Painting and drawing studios
- University of Lethbridge Art Gallery
Find more information on the Faculty of Fine Arts requirements for admissions:
Program Planning Guides
The program planning guides outline the required courses foryour specific degree and major, and provide a sample sequence of courses to help you plan.