Art Portfolio Requirements
Art Studio, Native American Art – Art Studio and Art/Education
- Fall & Spring
Submit your portfolio and essay prior to one of these dates
- Dec 15 – First Round*
- Mar 15 – Second Round*
- Jun 15 – Final Evaluation
Submit your portfolio and essay prior to this date
- Nov 15 – Final Evaluation
*Lines up with University scholarship deadlines
Your portfolio consists of a personal statement and examples of your artwork. The portfolio informs the Art Department about your creative interest, experience, skills and direction. Choose your best work that provides a sampling of your art practice and document it professionally.
500-word Personal Statement
The personal statement provides insight to the Art Department about your background, experience, inspirations, and goals. In approximately 500 words, explain your reasons for wanting to study Art. Include references to artistic interests, specific influences, and any educational background in the arts.
10-20 Examples of work
Submit examples of 10-20 current pieces (try to select from the past three years) that provide a good representation of your range of art interests and skills. Works may be created inside or outside a formal class setting.
You may submit more than one image of a single artwork if the work is large or complex.
Examples of the range of materials you can submit:
- Drawings, prints, paintings, or murals
- Photography (analogue or digital), collage, or other mixed media works
- Video, performance, animation, or audio based work
- Sculpture, fibre or ceramic work
- Website design, graphic novel, and zine productions
- Selections from sketchbooks and journals
Include the following information with your work
- Year of work
- Brief description of the work – max. 50 words (optional)
- Names of any collaborators (if relevant)
Online Portfolio Submission Process
- Submit your application for admission to the University prior to submitting portfolio
- Upload and submit your portfolio online at Slideroom
You may upload images (jpg), video (mov, wmv, flv), music (mp3) and one PDF document file with a maximum 6 pages. SlideRoom links directly to Vimeo, YouTube and SoundCloud.
For best image quality and fast upload, image files should be about 1024 x 768px @ 72 dpi. Please keep video files under 60MB and limited to 2 - 3 minute clips. Our SlideRoom portal offers additional instruction for submitting your work. For technical assistance, contact email@example.com
At SlideRoom you can login and edit your portfolio as often as you like; however, once you have submitted it, no changes can be made. A $10 USD fee is charged at the time of submission.
Questions? …Get Answers
Admission and Portfolio Advisor
Faculty of Fine Arts
Phone: (403) 380-1864