New Media Department
3 Programs (New Media – New Media/Management – New Media/Education)
Use digital technologies for communication and creative endeavours in a variety of environments. By combining traditional approaches to creativity with digital and interactive media you become a versatile new media professional, critical thinker, and adaptable individual, capable of evolving with technology in a rapidly changing knowledge society.
Your comprehensive education enables you to work professionally with ideas and concepts in new media art and design. You develop the knowledge, skills, and technical expertise to succeed in a wide range of new media industries and creative practices.
In your final year you can pursue an internship, where you develop and refine your skills within a professional work setting and gain a greater sense of career possibilities, or take Advanced Studio, where you undertake a self-directed project in your particular area of interest. Either option provides unique benefits as you conclude your studies and transition into a career or graduate studies.
Explore a variety of topics including:
- Graphic design
- Web design and development
- Interaction design
- 3D modelling, animation, and gaming
- Narrative screenwriting
- Digital video production
- Historical and contemporary new media theory
Faculties & Spaces
- Computer labs with advanced graphics workstations
- Research lab with Cintiq screens and Wacom tablets
- Projection room in Penny Gallery
- Motion capture studio
- Game research lab
- Cove Studio –VFX green screen infinity cyclorama
- Digital Cinema Suite – professional editing and finishing rooms
- Disruptive Imaginings Data Visualization Lab
- Media production equipment loan centre