The Society for Canadian Studies & Youth Enrichment will make financial assistance available to educational institutions, educational groups, museums, libraries and community-based groups within the Province of Alberta, to support and encourage Canadian Studies and youth enrichment by promoting activities, projects, research or programs that fulfill one or more of the following objectives:
- To promote a variety of learning opportunities and options for young people to develop confidence, capabilities, initiative and self-reliance
- To promote qualities and standards of good citizenship among our youth
- To honour Canada’s cultural and ethnic diversity and encourage students to gain a wide knowledge of all customs, religions, traditions and philosophies
- To encourage institutions whose purpose it is to recognize events of Canadian history for the enlightenment of Canadians of all ages
- To honour the achievements of Canadians, past, present and future
- To support community, regional, Provincial or National initiatives that honour Canada’s history, development and accomplishments.
Financial assistance is available for programs and activities that serve youth from the ages of 12 – 21
Please see our Funding Guidelines document for more information
Please note that SCSYE does not fund the following:
- 1. Projects that do not benefit youth ages 12 -21.
- 2. Tuition, books and accommodation required to attend school.
- 3. For-profit organizations
- 4. Political parties
- 5. Religious activities
- 6. Capital expenditures
- 7. Individuals
To Apply for Funding, please complete the Application For Funding
Have a question? Contact Us