As is the case with everyone else in this office, my role as an Educational Consultant at the Teaching Centre has a certain fluidity to it, which makes our work here so interesting. The biggest portion of my time is dedicated to assisting Faculty and Teaching Staff in all matters relating to their instruction and course/ program development. My own teaching interest is in educational technology that enables efficient student learning and multi-modal teaching.
I embrace an open culture in the sharing of expertise and resources, which is why I greatly enjoy coordinating the Teaching Centre Open Education awareness initiative, a task I took on when I started working here in August 2016. Being in its 15th year, the Open Education movement has gained momentum across the globe and thus adopters can tap into a growing pool of open quality materials and collaborative educational practices.
As part of our Open Scholarship efforts on the U of L campus, the Teaching Centre currently runs a joint project with Dr. Sean Fitzpatrick and Dr. Ken Vos that investigates student perceptions on the Open Textbooks they are using in their Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy courses.
Feel invited to contact me for individual or group consultations on any of the following matters:
- Blended -/ Online Learning
- Educational Technology
- Language Learning as Second and Other Languages
- Moodle (Pedagogical Applications) and other (Open) LMS
- Open Education: Open Access to Quality Collaboration/ Content/ Pedagogy/ Research
- Peer Feedback for Teaching Development
- Task-Based and Active Learning
- Teaching (German/ English/ Mandarin as) and Learning of Foreign Languages
- Workshop Development
Personal Website: Language Education Technology