Shop Talks are weekly workshops that run throughout the semester. The topics are ranging, but many topics focus on developing or improving skills that relate to teaching and learning.
All of the Shop Talks run on Wednesdays from noon to 1 PM. There is no need to RSVP for these events, so drop in when you can.
Below are a list of topics that may be explored as part of the Shop Talk workshops:
- Effective Use of Classroom Technology
- Managing Course Content in Moodle
- Moodle Gradebook Fundamentals
- Creating Effective Presentation Materials
- Online Exams/Tests & the Testing Centre
- Managing Successful Classroom Discussions
- Managing Effective Moodle Discussion Forums
- Creating Effective Podcasts (Flipping the Class)
- Managing Groups and Group Assignments in Moodle
- Creating and Using Rubrics and Scoring Guides
- Advanced Moodle Gradebook Management
- Principles of Good Assessment & Evaluation
- Creating a Course Syllabus