SAVE 2019: July 27 - August 3, 2019
The Southern Alberta Vocal Experience (SAVE) is a very well known intensive summer institute for vocalists in the art of vocal and opera performance. Held right on University of Lethbridge campus, SAVE is designed specifically for singers, ages 13 - 20 years.
SAVE faculty are established artists, teachers, and vocal coaches, and participants engage in a daily regimen that includes private lessons and coaching, masterclass, choir, creative movement, staging rehearsals, diction classes, and other topics relevant to the development of the vocal art. A cabaret evening takes place mid-week, allowing an opportunity for singers to share their talents with each other in a casual setting.
The program, which runs from July 27 - August 3, culminates in two separate final concerts which represent both the art of song and music for the stage:
- "Summersong - An Art Song Soiree" takes place on Friday, August 2 at 7:30pm at the University of Lethbridge Recital Hall (W570) and will feature participants performing solos from the concert song repertoire. Admission to this concert is by donation.
- "Showstoppers - An Evening of Songs and Scenes from Opera and Operetta" will take place on Saturday, August 3 at 7:30pm at the University of Lethbridge Recital Hall (W570). Tickets are $10 each and will be available at the Conservatory of Music front desk at CASA (230 8 Street S) and at the door the night of the performance.
- Simply submit an application form (below) and we will contact you to schedule an audition. You can also submit your audition material by email (suggested). In this case, please provide an audio or video file (only common file types, such as .mp3 or .mp4) or a YouTube link. In most cases, audio recordings are sufficient for audition purposes.
- Early Bird Deadline: April 25, 2019 / Apllication Deadline: May 15, 2019
- Payment Deadline: June 30, 2019 (Late fee of $50 charged after payment deadline)
- Upon acceptance, a cost of $650 is due by June 30, 2019. Should you cancel your registration, an administrative fee of $50 will be charged.