Cancelling Your Private Lesson Registration
- To avoid requests for refunds, please ensure you can fully commit to the program before you register.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing to the Director of the Conservatory of Music (Attention: Breeanne Fuller - firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Private lessons will be refunded as follows: The instructor will be asked to confirm how many lessons (received and missed/forfeited) have taken place. You will then be refunded the remaining balance, LESS an additional 4 lessons that will be deducted from the total refund owing (roughly an additional month of lessons).
- Example: If you pay for 30 lessons, and you have taken 4 and missed 1, your refund will be: 30 - 4 - 1 - 4 = 21 lesson refund.
- NOTE: NO refunds are given for any classes or ensembles after the start of the program.
Cancelling Your Registration for an Ensemble or Group Class
There is a $20 cancellation/$10 transfer fee charged for each activity/program cancellation or transfer (not applicable for private lessons - see above), and request for cancellations/refunds must be received in writing. Refunds/transfers will not be considered within 1 day prior to the commencement of the activity/program.
Cancellation requests received within 2-7 working days prior to the commencement of the activity/program, are eligible for 50% of the course fees refunded (NOTE: the materials portion of registration will not be refunded due to materials needing to be ordered well in advance).
Refund requests received after the start of the group class or ensemble will be considered on an individual basis, however, in most cases, no refunds will be considered after the commencement of the class. No Refunds can be considered after the commencement of the summer camps.
Missed lessons - Rescheduling Policies for Private Lessons
- Lessons cancelled by the student are made up at the discretion of the instructor, but in most cases, the missed lessons are forfeited. Please understand, weekly lesson times are set aside for you at the beginning of the year; by you missing 1 weekly spot, it is a time that the instructor can not fill with a new student and time in our studios that sits vacant, since you will be returning the following week. Please read this interesting article regarding cancellation of music lessons. We have found that this may help put our cancellation policies into perspective.
- In most cases, student's planned holidays, if they fall during regular teaching weeks, count as regular lessons, and are forfeited.
- If possible, please let your instructor know at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend a scheduled lesson; call your instructor directly to indicate an absence (if you have difficulty reaching your instructor, please contact us, but please note we may be unable to pass on urgent messages).
- Any cancelled lesson initiated by an instructor will be made up.
Students should not attend lessons or Conservatory group classes or ensembles if they are exhibiting signs and symptoms of illness. Instructors may ask students to leave their studio or classes if they seem to pose a health risk to other students or the instructor. Students who can not attend a lesson due to illness will forfeit that lesson if it falls during the regular teaching schedule.
Signs and Symptoms include: vomiting, fever, unexplained rash, heavy coughing, excessive nose running, etc.
Please do not attend lessons if you are feeling ill or believe you have an illness that can be spread to other students or our instructors. We all need to work together to stop the spread of germs.