Band and Choral Retreats and Clinics
Headstart, band and choral Retreats: An educational retreat customized to suit your levels, objectives and budget
At the University of Lethbridge, our educational band and choral (or just educational retreats) retreats are:
• specifically tailored to meet the needs of your band or choir
• taught by musicians of the highest caliber from the U of L Department and Conservatory of Music, with instrument-specific instruction
• a friendly learning environment and a memorable experience filled with challenges, inspiration and music!
• adapted to suit your needs with costs based on number of clinicians, contact hours and options chosen (lunch, swimming, etc.)
• booked throughout the school year (should be booked well in advance). Retreat Request Form.pdf
Sample Schedule for on campus retreat:
9:00-9:45am Sectional workshops
9:45-10:15am Clinician recital
10:15-11:00am Sectional workshops
11:15-12:15pm Swimming on campus
12:45-1:15pm Lunch - catered by U of L
1:15-3:15pm Full band rehearsal with
3:15-4:00pm tour of campus (optional)
CONCERTS: You may choose to book your retreat around one of the U of L
Department of Music’s many concerts.
TOURS: We can arrange for a full campus tour for your students.
FOOD: U of L catering services can provide breakfast, lunch or dinner.
ACCOMMODATIONS: The City of Lethbridge has several hotels in close proximity to the
University. On-campus accommodations are also available (403-329-2244) when
University classes are not in session.