Wait-Listing (Continuing Students)
What is wait-listing?
The Faculty of Management will accept requests from continuing students who were unable to access required Lethbridge Management (MGT) courses during their initial registration dates for Fall or Spring terms.
Please contact Calgary campus regarding wait-listing for courses offered there. There is no wait-listing for summer courses.
When can I wait-list?
The next wait-listing for continuing students will be in March for the Fall (Sept-Dec) 2018 term.
How do I wait-list for a Lethbridge Management (MGT) course?
- You attempted to register for the course during your initial registration window.
- The course is required by your current declared major in the upcoming term because a) it is your final term or b) it is a prereq needed for sequencing for a future final term or c) it is only offered once a year and it is your final year.
- The wait-listed course fits with your current registration and either does not exceed the 5 course limit or you will indicate a course to be dropped in its place.
- You are not already registered in another section of the course.
- You do not have any cash holds.
2. Meet with a Faculty of Management Advisor to obtain a wait-list code. The code is not a guarantee of being wait-listed, but is required to submit a wait-list request. Submissions without a valid wait-list code will be discarded without notice.
3. Look up the course number, section and CRN for the Management course you want to wait-list for in the timetable.
4. Fill out an online wait-list request form during the wait-list period.
What if I am not eligible for wait-listing?
If you are not eligible for wait-listing, keep in mind that there is lots of registration movement and a seat may open up in the course you want in one of the following ways:
- Students are constantly adding and dropping classes once continuous registration begins and especially between the first day of classes until the add/drop deadline.
- The Faculty of Management prerequisite checks several times after initial registration and during the add/drop period and will drop students who do not have the required prerequisites or corequisites, resulting in available seats.
- Courses that are initially reserved for specific majors will have the reserves dropped mid-July for Fall term and mid-December for Spring term, resulting in available seats.
If you are persistent in checking, you may be successful in adding the course.
If you do meet the wait-list eligibility, but feel you have extenuating cirumstances that require you to be in a specific course in the upcoming semester, please meet with a Faculty of Management Advisor.