Faculty of Management » Student Advising
How can an Academic Advisor help you?
- They can assist with program planning (course selection and sequencing)
- Advisors act as the main point of contact for academic issues and suggest strategies for academic success.
- An Advisor can explain policies and procedures.
- They refer you to additional academic, personal or career resources.
How can you make the most of Academic Advising?
Before your meeting:
During your meeting:
After your meeting:
When should you seek help from advising?
- At least once a year but in some cases, every semester before your registration date.
- If you have questions or are having difficulties.
- If you can't answer these 10 questions.
- To obtain forms to change your program, withdraw from a course, etc.
- When you don't know where else to go.
Academic Advising Syllabus
For more information, please refer to the Academic Advising Syllabus (PDF)