Faculty of Management » Student Advising
How can an Academic Advisor help you?
- They can assist you with program planning by identifying options and opportunities to be academically successful and to complete your program of study.
- Advisors can help identify barriers to your success and recommend strategies and give referrals to other resources or special services.
- They can educate you about university academic policies, procedures and requirements, and interpret and provide rationales or advocacy when necessary.
How can you make the most of Academic Advising?
Before your meeting:
During your meeting:
After your meeting:
When should you seek help from advising?
- At least once a year but in some cases, every semester before your registration date.
- If you have questions or are having difficulties.
- If you can't answer these 10 questions.
- To obtain forms to change your program, withdraw from a course, etc.
- When you don't know where else to go.
Academic Advising Syllabus
For more information, please refer to the Academic Advising Syllabus (PDF)