What is a major?
A major is a specific set of courses within a degree that you specialize in. For a Bachelor of Management or Certificate program, a major must be selected at the time of application to the University. For combined degrees, two majors must be declared - one major for each degree sought. Not all majors are offered in all programs.
What can I major in?
The Faculty of Management offers the following majors (and available programs) which appeal to a broad range of interests:
- Accounting (B|D|S|C|P)
- Computer Science* (B|S|C)
- Economics* (B|S|C)
- Finance (B|D|S|C|M)
- General Management (B|D|S|C|M)
- Human Resource Management and Labour Relations (B|D|S|C|M)
- Indigenous Governance and Business Management* (formerly First Nations' Governance) (B|D|S|C|M)
- International Management (B|D|S|C|M)
- Marketing (B|D|S|C|M)
- Political Science* (B|S|C)
*Lethbridge campus only
Programs Legend: B=Bachelor of Management (BMgt); C=Combined Degrees with BMgt; D=Post Diploma BMgt; M=Management Certificate; P=Professional Diploma In Accounting/CPA Bridging; S=BMgt as a Second Degree