Master in Business Administration (MBA)
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Beppu, Japan
The school bases its teaching and research on the concepts and methods employed at leading business schools in the western world. In addition, they have developed a unique program that integrates cases relevant to Japan and other areas of the Asia Pacific. Classes are conducted entirely in English amid a multicultural environment, giving students the chance to benefit from the experiences of others and learn the skills and sensibilities required for a successful career in international business. This is one of the very few graduate schools to offer an internationally recognized MBA with a focus on the Asia Pacific Region.
The MBA Program equips students with communication and management skills, including advanced knowledge and concepts that are necessary to play an active role as future leaders in global businesses. The three concentrations are:
- International Business and Marketing
- Innovation and Technology Management
- Program location
Visit the Ritsumeikan APU page for more information about Beppu, Japan, as an undergraduate exchange destination.
- Language of instruction
- Program length
- Two years full time. (Completion in 1.5 years may be possible).
- Entrance requirements
Applicants must have either:
- completed an undergraduate (bachelor's) degree from an accredited Japanese university.
- completed a total of sixteen (16) years of formal education by the time of their enrollment at APU. (12 years of primary and secondary education + 4-year bachelor's degree or equivalent at the tertiary level). No specific undergraduate major is required for admission to APU.
Total tuition (regardless of whether program is completed in 1, 1.5 or 2 years) ¥ 3,600,000 A one-time admission fee is required upon enter the program ¥ 100,000 Food ¥ 360,000 Books and supplies ¥ 240,000 Personal expenses ¥ 144,000 Rent and utilities (with lodging at AP House) ¥ 468,000
The university offers various merit-based scholarships providing for 30%, 50%, 65%, 80% or 100% reductions of the total tuition costs.
Full, 100% scholarship recipients may also be awarded additional, special scholarships that provide 1,000,000 yen or 500,000 yen yearly to assist with living expenses. These special scholarships are awarded very rarely, and only applicants with superior academic records will be considered.
- Admission information
- 30 April 2008 or 31 October 2008 (September or April enrollment)
- Contact information
- Sally Robertson, Hann-shiuh Hsiung, Bernardo Gonzalez
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
1-2 Jumonjibaru, Beppu, Oita, JAPAN 874-8755 TEL: +81-977-78-1119