Immigration Issues and Visas

Students are responsible for their own immigration arrangements; although the International Programs office will provide students with some basic information and assist where possible. Student immigration responsibilities include making arrangements for passports, study permits and visas. (Passports must be valid at least six months beyond the student's expected return date to Canada). Students are encouraged to contact the appropriate Consulate/Embassy for clarification on details.

The Canadian Consular Affairs website is an excellent source or information for Canadians going abroad. It contains a useful pre-travel checklist, travel updates and reports, country information, and emergency contact information for Canadian abroad.