Paying for Your Education

Why study in Canada?

Did you know that Canada offers one of the world's best quality university educations while providing excellent value for your money?

The Canadian university system is ranked in the top three worldwide, and we have the lowest tuition rates among schools in the USA, UK and Australia.

We also offer lots of opportunities for funding your education while you're here.


Full tuition for an international student at the University of Lethbridge is currently just over $12,000 CAD. For a complete listing of all costs visit our discover.ulethbridge website.

Here are some of the other fees you will be responsible for as a student at the U of L:

  • Athletic and recreation services fee $80.00 CAD — covers athletic fees, gym, swimming pool use, weight room and most physical activities classes
  • Textbooks — cost approximately $100-$150 CAD/class. Bookstore Web site
  • Housing — on-campus student residence costs can be viewed at /anc-hou/feeguide.htm; off-campus rents range from approximately $450–$550 CAD/month.
  • Food — approximately $300 CAD/month
  • Transportation — many students choose to purchase a local bus pass at a cost of $75 CAD/month.
  • Other personal living and travel expenses

You can find more information about international student tuition fees, medical and dental insurance, living expenses and the cost of books and supplies as well as scholarships at

Sources of Funding


In addition to scholarships offered by the University of Lethbridge and external organizations, the Faculty of Management offers several awards for which you may be eligible.

Get more information about scholarships and awards

Paid internships

Co-operative education (paid work experience) is a great way to enhance your learning, gain important job skills and explore career opportunities. Co-op placements are typically four or eight months in length.

Learn more about co-op

Another way to help fund your education is to pursue employment on the U of L campus. A work permit is NOT required for this type of job.

The Career and Employment Services (CES) office lists some possible types of on-campus jobs you may consider.

You can also check out the CES job board to see what is currently available. You will need a U of L username and password to do this.

Off-campus job

If you are a full-time student you may be able to pursue a job off campus.

Find out if you are eligible to acquire an "Off-campus Work Permit".


Upcoming Events