Malaysia work-study program
The Malaysia Work Study Abroad program is a 4000-level management course that includes an upaid internship experience, in addition to the academic assignments. Students gain international experience in this shorter alternative to a full semester experience abroad.
The program objective is to expose students to a different culture and help them practice cross-cultural management skills while giving them work experience internationally.
The program began in 1998 and student placement opportunities continue to grow. Previous students have had unpaid internships with such companies as X-Prologistices Sdn. Bhd., American Express, Apex Communications, Champion Photochemistry Sdn.Bhd., Scotiabank, Perfection (English language Academy), PPB Oil Palms, Digi Telecommunications, SCOMI, Mercy Malaysia, Malaysia Canada Business Council, Affin Money Brokers, Maestro Capital, KLPAC and Kavner Sdn. Bhd.
Click on the image below for more information
- Apply for Malaysia Work Study - Deadline January 31st
- General information
- Past projects
- Program details
- MGT 4640 course outline.pdf
- Contact information
- Information for potential employers
- Video clip (MOV) prepared by Jamie Alliban, one of our student work study participants
- Stacey Fujikawa Goes to Malaysia - hear the story of one student's experience on a Malaysian work study