Language Minor

Faculty of Management » Programs & Degrees » Undergraduate » Minors » Language


In addition to completing an international exchange semester, students in the International Management major must declare and complete a four-course language minor.

What languages can I take as a minor?

In general, a student may not select his or her native language as the language of study. Most students complete three language courses at the U of L and the fourth during their study-abroad term. All language courses completed prior to the exchange must have a minimum grade of C-.

What if the language courses I need aren't offered?

If the University does not offer a sufficient number of courses to meet the four-course language minor, you may obtain permission from the Faculty of Management for Visiting Student Authorization (VSA). With VSA approval, you can take the required language courses at another institution and transfer back the credit to the University of Lethbridge.


When you apply to the U of L for admission, you apply to a program (degree or certificate) and a major. A four-course language minor is available in programs that allow the International Management major.  For students who complete all the requirements, the minor will be acknowledged on the official transcript.

Where can I find out more about language courses?

Modern Languages Department