Services for Distance M.Ed.and PhD Students (including Distance Master of Counselling Students)

Access Web-based Books and Articles
Obtain Print-based Books
Maintain Your Bridge Account
Other Options (COPPUL & TAL cards)
Fines Payments
Access to Research Assistance
Theses and Projects

Access Web-based Library Books and Articles

As an M.Ed. student studying at a distance, you have access to our Library's e-books and streaming videos, in addition to our licensed databases and other online resources.


Obtain Print-based Books

1) Materials listed in our Library catalogue

If you require circulating materials listed in our library catalogue to be sent to you, please use the REQUEST button located at the top of the catalogue page describing the item you need.

Visit Borrowing Privileges for the further information.

If you are keen to know new materials at the University of Lethbridge Library, check RSS Feeds to Library Resources, What's New...

2) Materials that are not found in our Library catalogue

If you require material not owned or licensed by the University of Lethbridge Library, Interlibrary Loan Service is recommended; however, this service is dependent on where you live.

a) Distance M.Ed./Distance Master of Counselling Students who are living within Alberta and at least 90 km outside of Lethbridge may request both types of Interlibrary Loans (e.g., books or journal articles).

b) Distance M.Ed./Distance Master of Counselling students who are living outside of Alberta and Canada may request copies of journal articles or chapters of books which will sent electronically to your email address.

Back to top


Maintain Your Bridge Account

The Bridge is where you will maintain your personal information—including address.

To receive print materials, please be sure to update your address and other related information in the Bridge as needed. Materials sent from the university will only go to the latest address you provide in the Bridge and nowhere else.

The following borrowing guidelines apply, but please note that loan periods do not extend beyond the expiration of your borrowing privileges for the current semester:



Other Options (COPPUL & TAL cards)

1) COPPUL (Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries) Card

By showing a valid University of Lethbridge ID card and a valid COPPUL card issued by the University of Lethbridge Library, you will be able to borrow materials from COPPUL. Requirements, restrictions, and fees are subject to each lending (host) library's borrowing privileges.



2) TAL (The Alberta Library) Card

A TAL Card allows you to borrow items from more than 260 participating Alberta libraries (including UofC, UofA, and Lethbridge Public Library) and return them in any participating libraries.

TAL Card


Back to top


Fines Payment

All outstanding fines must be paid in full before library privileges are updated.
Fines payment may be made by:


Cash Office
University of Lethbridge
4401 University Drive
Lethbridge, AB T1K 3M4
(Please make cheque payable to the University of Lethbridge)


Access to Research Assistance


Theses and Projects

To locate theses or projects completed at the University of Lethbridge, search the Library Catalogue Title index for "thesis University of Lethbridge" or "project University of Lethbridge".


Back to top

 Maintained by
 Content Revised: June 22, 2018

Bookmark and Share