As an M.Ed. student studying at a distance, you have access to our Library's e-books and streaming videos, in addition to our licensed databases and other online resources.
If you require circulating materials listed in our library catalogue to be sent to you, please use the REQUEST button located at the top of the catalogue page describing the item you need.
Please click here for an instructional slideshow.
Visit Borrowing Privileges for the further information.
If you are keen to know new materials at the University of Lethbridge Library, check RSS Feeds to Library Resources, What's New...
If you require material not owned or licensed by the University of Lethbridge Library, Interlibrary Loan Service is recommended; however, this service is dependent on where you live.
a) Distance M.Ed./Distance Master of Counselling Students who are living within Alberta and at least 90 km outside of Lethbridge may request both types of Interlibrary Loans (e.g., books or journal articles).
- Journal articles are sent electronically to your email address. You must return all other library loans to the University of Lethbridge Library by their due dates using the same delivery methods we used to send them to you (e.g., Canada Post, private courier, etc.).
- The Library may restrict requests only to Canadian locations.
b) Distance M.Ed./Distance Master of Counselling students who are living outside of Alberta and Canada may request copies of journal articles or chapters of books which will sent electronically to your email address.
- The Library is unable to offer Interlibrary Loan services involving other libraries' books because the borrowing time granted by other institutions is insufficient for sending, using and returning materials.
- Libraries outside of Canada may request a formal letter from us requesting library service on your behalf. If you require this kind of documentation outside of Canada, please email our Document Delivery Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top
The Bridge is where you will maintain your personal information—including address.
To receive print materials, please be sure to update your address and other related information in the Bridge as needed. Materials sent from the university will only go to the latest address you provide in the Bridge and nowhere else.
The following borrowing guidelines apply, but please note that loan periods do not extend beyond the expiration of your borrowing privileges for the current semester:
By showing a valid University of Lethbridge ID card and a valid COPPUL card issued by the University of Lethbridge Library, you will be able to borrow materials from COPPUL. Requirements, restrictions, and fees are subject to each lending (host) library's borrowing privileges.
A TAL Card allows you to borrow items from more than 260 participating Alberta libraries (including UofC, UofA, and Lethbridge Public Library) and return them in any participating libraries.
- Free for actively registered students, must be updated each semester.
- Email a request for a TAL Card application form to: email@example.com
- Must be obtained from the University of Lethbridge Library before visiting participating libraries.
Back to top
To locate theses or projects completed at the University of Lethbridge, search the Library Catalogue Title index for "thesis University of Lethbridge" or "project University of Lethbridge".
Back to top
Content Revised: November 10, 2014