General Information for the Public Using the U. of L. Library
- Parking. The U of L Library is located on the south side of the campus, at the end of Aperture Drive (the southernmost entrance to campus off University Drive.). Metered parking is available nearby in the small parking lot immediately in front of (west of) the Library, and in the West Lot near Anderson Hall. Short term parking permits are available from ticket vending machines located in the North, Northwest and Exploration Place lots. See Parking map
- Hours. The library is open seven days a week through most of the year. For library hours, call 329-2265 or check the Library hours web page.
- Borrowing Library Materials. Anyone is welcome to use print and electronic library resources in the Library. Those who are not members of the University community may borrow materials by obtaining an Alberta Library (TAL) card from an Alberta library (e.g., Lethbridge Public Library) where you are currently a registered borrower. This free card enables you to borrow up to five library items at one time. Call 329-2265 for further information or click here.
- Photocopying. Photocopiers are available on all three levels of the Library. One copier on Level 10 accepts coins. All copiers accept Bridge Bucks cards, available from a card-dispensing machine near the Library entrance. Cost is 15 cents per page if you use coins, and 11 cents if you use a Bridge Bucks card. Machines for making copies from microfiche and microfilm are available in the Microforms area on Level 11. To copy using these machines, you must purchase a guest Bridge Bucks card from the card-dispensing machine. [More information about printing]
- Help. Assistance with using the U of L Library is available at the Information & Research Assistance Desk, opposite the entrance to the Library. For further information, call us at 329-2263 or Ask Us online. Many of the Library's resources can be found using the Library Catalogue.
- For More Details on services for community Library users, please visit our Services for Community/TAL Borrowers.
Content Revised: July 10, 2013