Persistent Link Information for OvidSP Databases
Frequently Asked Questions
In OvidSP databases, a persistent link is referred to as an "Email Jumpstart" and is only offered when the full text of an article or document is available in both PDF and HTML.
- Connect any OvidSP database from the Library's database page.
- Conduct a search.
- From the search results list, scroll down to find an appropriate article with available full text.
- If the display options to the right of the article citation includes "Ovid Full Text" (in PsycINFO, Medline, and Ovid Healthstar) or "EBM Topic Review" (in all EBM Reviews databases):
- Click the "Ovid Full Text" or "EBM Topic Review" link
- In the Article Tools listing, choose "Email Jumpstart"
- Copy the URL (i.e., Your Jumpstart URL is: ...) from the Email Jumpstart box and paste it into your document or course management system.
- If clicking "Ovid Full Text" retrieves the PDF article instead of the Article Tools listing (e.g., in PsycARTICLES and occasionally in PsycINFO), this indicates the publisher supplied full text only in PDF format, and Article Tools (including "Email Jumpstart") is therefore not available. To create a custom persistent link for full text articles in Ovid, view this mini tutorial, or contact the Library's Information and Research Assistance Desk through Ask Us.
Content Revised: August 31, 2011
Content Created: November 22, 2007