2. I'm a faculty member and need to place some course materials on reserve. How do I go about doing this?
Please read "Guidelines for Faculty Placing Items on Reserve" and direct any further questions to the General Services Desk on level 10 (403-329-2265).
3. How many reserves can I sign out at one time?
You may sign out an unlimited number of reserve items at one time.
4. How long can I have a reserve item out?
The loan period varies for each item. The Library does not decide the loan period; each professor decides how long the items should be signed out. The common times are 2 hours, 4 hours, 2 days, 1 week.
Library staff will tell you the due date and time when they check out a reserve item to you.
5. Can I put a hold on reserve items?
Sorry, holds cannot be placed on reserve items.
6. Can I renew reserve items?
Reserve items cannot be renewed unless there is more than one copy of the item. You may have to wait 30-minutes between check outs to provide equitable access to reserve materials for all patrons.
7. Can I take reserves out of the Library?
Yes, you may take reserve items out of the Library unless they are labeled "For library use only".
Content Revised: November 12, 2015