Guidelines for Placing Materials on Reserve
The Library's Reserve Collection contains materials designated by instructors as course-related reading, viewing, or listening for students enrolled in University of Lethbridge courses. Materials placed in the Reserve Collection are assigned shorter than normal loan periods. Access to course-related Reserve materials is available only to registered University of Lethbridge students, and to University personnel who require access for purposes of teaching support.
Please note the following:
- Original materials (e.g., books and print journals) are preferred over reproductions (e.g., photocopies and printed copies of downloaded materials).
- Instructors may submit their personal copies of original materials to be placed on Reserve.
- The Library accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage of personal copies placed on Reserve.
- In general, materials belonging to non-circulating collections are not placed on Reserve. Inquiries about possible exceptions may be directed to the appropriate Subject Librarian.
- The Library reserves the right to limit the number of copies of materials placed on Reserve - normally 1 copy per 30 students, up to a maximum of 3 copies.
- Materials to be added to the Reserve Collection are processed in order of receipt.
To place materials on Reserve:
Check the Library Catalogue to determine whether materials to be placed on Reserve are owned by the Library. Please note the call number of materials located in the Catalogue.
- Before submitting reproductions (e.g., photocopies) of materials to be placed on Reserve, obtain copyright permissions, if applicable. Please contact the University Copyright Advisor at email@example.com for assistance in determining whether copyright permissions are required or in obtaining required permissions.
- Complete a reserve processing request form (PDF or Word). If materials to be placed on Reserve include personal copies, enclose the completed form with the personal copies and send or deliver them to the Library’s General Services Desk. Personal copies will be returned to instructors at the end of the semester.
- If all copies of materials to be placed on Reserve are held in the Library, instructors may send the completed reserve processing request form to the Library's General Services Desk, or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content Revised: April 22, 2013