Frequently Asked Questions - Reserves
1. How do I get materials that my professor put on reserve?
2. I'm a faculty member and need to place some course materials on reserve. How do I go about doing this?
- Go to the Library's homepage, and click on the Course Reserves tab in the middle of the page.
- Type in either your course name or your prof's last name. If your professor has placed items on reserve, a list of the items will display, along with the call numbers you need to write down.
- Go to the General Services Desk on Level 10, give them the call numbers and your Campus ID card and they will sign out the reserve items to you.
Please read "Guidelines for Faculty Placing Items on Reserve"
and direct any further questions to the General Services Desk on Level 10 (329-2265). 3. How many reserves can I sign out at one time?
You may sign out an unlimited number of reserve items at one time. 4. How long can I have a reserve item out?
The loan period varies for each item. The Library does not decide the loan period; each professor decides how long the items should be signed out. The common times are 2 hours, 4 hours, 2 days, 1 week.
Library staff will tell you the due date and time when they check out a reserve item to you. 5. Can I put a hold on reserve items?
Sorry, holds cannot be placed on reserve items. 6. Can I renew reserve items?
Reserve items cannot be renewed unless there is more than one copy of the item. 7. Can I take reserves out of the Library?
Yes, you may take reserve items out of the Library unless they are labeled "For library use only".
Content Revised: May 25, 2012