Visa Information

New regulations regarding Canadian Student visas are now in effect:

Students wishing to study in Canada for less than 6 months are no longer required to have a student visa. If you want to work on or off campus, however, you must have a student permit issued from a Canadian consulate from your country. A visitor permit issued at a port of entry will not be sufficient.

If you are considering staying longer than six months, you should apply for a visa just in case — once you are in Canada you CANNOT apply for a study visa.

Before you come to study in Canada you will need:

  • a letter of acceptance from the school of your choice;
  • proof that you have enough money to pay school fees and live near the school;
  • to establish that you will return home at the end of your studies;
  • to pass a medical exam if needed; and
  • To qualify as a temporary resident in Canada, including a temporary resident visa if needed.

Students from Argentina, Malaysia, and Taiwan will still need to apply for a temporary residency visa.

Canada Immigration Website