Enjoy the Advantages of Living in Homestay
Welcome to the Uleth Homestay Program for international students! Living with a local Canadian family is a great way to make Canadian friends, be part of the Lethbridge community, learn about Canadian culture and practice English. We carefully select our Homestay families, who are kind and unique and look forward to welcoming you into their homes and families.
- The university of Lethbridge carefully selects host families and matches them to student applicants in order to ensure the best possible placement.
- Hosts will meet you at the airport or bus terminal when you arrive in Lethbridge.
- Hosts will help you learn about the Univesity of Lethbridge.
- Hosts will help you learn about life and integrate into Lethbridge, Alberta and Canada.
- The ULeth Homestay Coordinator will help you adjust to Homestay and life in Canada.
- Homestay bedrooms are fully furnished with bed, linens, desk, lamp and other items.
- Food is provided, though you may need to prepare your own breakfast and lunch.
- The monthly Homestay fee includes utilities such as heat, hot water and electricity.
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING HOST FAMILY APPLICATIONS.
If you are interested in participating in an enriching inter-cultural exchange by becoming a Host Family, please contact us at email@example.com.
About ULeth Homestay
ULeth Homestay is a program that provides a "home away from home" for international students.
A homestay program is a means of facilitating cross-cultural exchange while ensuring that boarding costs are covered and that students experience what it is like to be a member of a Canadian household. Host families must assume certain responsibilities such as offering a safe, comfortable, and friendly environment where students feel welcome and positive exchanges can take place. Homestay students are also expected to respect their host family as they would respect their own family, and to participate in daily family activities and chores.
It is the policy of ULeth Homestay that:
- All students participating in the program are 18 years or older.
- Homestay students and hosts agree in writing to abide by the ULeth Homestay Guidelines for the duration of each scheduled stay.
- Only one student of any one nationality can be living in the host home at any one time, unless otherwise specified. Each student must have a separate and private bedroom.
- All students in the home must be of the same gender.
Please note that ULeth Homestay is currently coordinating home placements for students taking part in a custom program through one of our partner institutions, as well as "independent international students" (registered in our EAP, English for Academic Purposes program, undergraduate or graduate classes).
Homestay Student Application Procedure:
If you are part of a custom program group, your home institution will provide you with the appropriate application form.
- If you need additional information, please contact ULeth Homestay at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-403-382-7190.
- Submit your fully completed
- Pay the non-refundable $225 Homestay Placement fee. You will receive an email with your Host Family's profile and contact information two-weeks prior to your arrival or sooner, if possible.
- Familiarize yourself with the
- Inform us of any change in arrival or departure. Please note that host families cannot pick you up in Calgary and that we do not arrange transportation to Lethbridge.
- If you need more information, please contact ULeth Homestay at email@example.com or calling 403-382-7190.
- Submit a fully completed
- Familiarise yourself with the
- If your application fits our program's requirements, you will be contacted to arrange a Home Visit and House Inspection
- Submit the following documents:
- A Valid Criminial Record Check (CRC) for every family member 18 or older. Please use this form if you are completing a new CRC: ULeth Homestay CRC form.pdf
- Proof of adequate home and car insurance coverage, as specified by ULeth Homestay Host Family Handbook
ULeth Homestay in the News: http://lethbridgenewsnow.com/article/517003/u-l-homestay-program-needs-host-families-summer
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook