Checklist - Travel Tips
When you are traveling to the U of L be sure to carry all of the following information with you. Do not pack it in your baggage.
- Valid Passport
- Letter of Introduction approving Study Permit application (issued by Canadian visa office). You will be required to show this to the Immigration Officer in order to receive your study permit. Be sure to check that your name is spelled correctly and that the biographical details (birth date, country of citizenship, etc.) are accurate!
- Temporary Resident Visa (if required; not to be confused with your Study Permit)
- Original Letter of Acceptance from the University of Lethbridge
- Proof of funds available (e.g.: bank draft, transfer, tuition receipt, letter of credit, or other proof)
- Carry at least $500.00 (CDN or USD) in cash
- Also be sure to carry a change of clothes, any medication, toothbrush and toothpaste, soap, deodorant, shampoo or other important items in your carry-on bag, in case your luggage is lost or delayed. This is common in international travel!
Recommended Packing List
- Bed Sheets and Pillow Covers
- Alarm Clock
- Winter jacket
- Winter Boots
- Winter Gloves/Hat
- Medicine & Prescriptions
- Contact List
- Costumes/Traditional Dress from your Country
- Traditional music or instrument that you play
- Items from your country that can be used in displays and presentations
- Your country flag