Access to wireless network services is available in most areas of the campus. There are currently four wireless networks available:
- UofL - for faculty and staff
- Student@ UofL - for students
- Guest@ UofL (open, unsecured)
- Eduroam - for peer institution access
This service is automatically enabled and is based on your user credentials at the UofL (or home institution for Eduroam).
Connecting as a Guest
To connect to Guest from a PC:
In order to access the wireless network, your notebook must have a wireless network card that is 801.11B or 802.11G (WiFi) compliant.
- Click the Start button, select Settings, then Control Panel
- Double click the Network icon
- Double click on the connection that is associated with your wireless network card
- Select the wireless network Guest
- Click on the connect button
To connect to Guest from a Mac:
In order to access the wireless network, your MacBook must have a wireless network card that is 801.11B or 802.11G (WiFi) compliant. After turning your airport connection on, your system should automatically discover the Guest network, and ask if you want to connect to it.
If you are a faculty or staff member you may access the Campus wireless network. This wireless network is meant primarily for those needing advanced wireless network connection to trusted University resources. General internet activities are available via this connection, as well as connection to trusted services.
There is no cost for this service, as it is funded by the University.
24 hours/day, 7 days/week, except when scheduled maintenance is being conducted.
Contact the Solutions Centre at (403) 329-2490, or email@example.com, or in E610, University Hall.