Set up an email auto responder while you are away on vacation.
If you are a student or alum, your "away" notice can be set within Google Apps by following these instructions.
If you are a faculty or staff member, follow these steps to set your away notice (vacation) or forwarding address:
- Log into Outlook Web Access
- Click on the 'Options' button on the left-hand side of the window
- At the top of the email options under 'Out of Office Assistant' select the radio button that says "I'm currently out of the office"
- In the text field directly below the line that reads "AutoReply only once with the following text:" type in the message that you would like people to receive stating that you are out of the office.
- Go all the way to the bottom of the window, select 'Forward it to' and in the space provided, type the email address to which you wish to forward.
- Click 'Save and Close'
- Click 'Log Off' to close Outlook Web Access
To disable your away notice, follow the same steps, but select the radio button corresponding to "I'm currently in the office" instead.
There is no cost for this service, as it is funded by the University.
24 hours/day, 7 days/week, except when scheduled maintenance is being conducted.
Please contact the ITS Solutions Centre for assistance with this service (403-329-2490, email@example.com, or Room E610, University Hall).