IT Services provides default phone services in every residence room which gives our residents the ability to dial in the local calling area. This service enables our residents to dial E911 and supports our emergency notification system.
An Enhanced service is also available which includes Voicemail, External Incoming Calls, and Long Distance Calling.
The basic service is included in all residence rooms for all residents.
For the Enhahced service, please contact the IT Solution Centre to request this service.
The Basic Service in included
The Enhanced Services are $100.20 per semester. Click to order Enhanced Services.
This service is avail 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, except when scheduled maintenance is being conducted.
This service can be requested Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Contact the IT Solution Centre for help with this service
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 403-329-2490
- In Person: E610 University Hall
- International long distance rates
- Telephone Quick Reference Card
- Recording a voicemail vacation message
Using your telephone
Find the corresponding model number below and follow the link for a quick reference brochure on using your Cisco I.P. telephone. This model number is located on the top right-hand corner of your phone.
- Model 7911 - online tutorial
- Model 7941 - online tutorial
- Model 7961 - online tutorial
- Model 7971 - online tutorial
If you are using a Cisco IP Phone your voice mail is handled by the Unified Voice Mail system. The following instructions will guide you through the set-up and usage of your Unified Voice Mail account.
Instructions for setting up your Unified Voice Mail Account
1. Dial 2800 from your desk phone, or press the Messages key.
2. You will be prompted for your password, the default password is 147369. If you are not prompted for your password contact the Solutions Centre as your phone is not yet setup for VoiceMail.
3. Go through the Auto-Enrollment. During the enrollment your will be asked to change your password; there are three rules for passwords:
◦ Must be at least 6 digits long.
◦ Cannot contain the phone number.
◦ Cannot be sequential (123456) or repeating (111111) digits.
4. Once you have completed Auto-Enrollment your Voice Mail is ready to go. Congratulations.
To access IPtel voice mail from you desk phone dial: 2800 or press the Messages Key
To access IPtel voice mail from another phone on campus dial: 2800
To access IPtel voice mail from off campus dial: (403) 317-2800
Your Cisco Unity ID: Your 4-digit Extension
Default Password: 147369
Cisco PCA Website: https://alfred.net.uleth.ca/ciscopca
Cisco Unity Domain: ULETH
Cisco Unity Server: alfred.net.uleth.ca
Cisco Unity System Administration and/or Technical Support Contact Information.
University Solutions Centre Phone: 329-2490 Location: E610