For University services and products that are intended to be purchased online, staff and faculty may request integration with an online credit card payment service.
Using this service allows payments to be processed using the University's contracted payment vendor, and ensures the funds are deposited, allocated and accounted for by Financial Services. This service is for taking payments only and does not include web storefront, inventory nor shopping cart features. Consultation and assistance regarding integration with an existing web application are provided. As part of this service a representative can choose to receive an email notification for each transaction or a daily summary email.
Use of all online credit card payment services are subject to approval by Financial Services.
For payments for University hosted conferences and events, we recommend contacting Conference & Event Services and handling registration and payment via the online StarRez system.
Contact the ITS Solutions Centre to request this service.
In order to use this service, contact Financial Services to enable a University financial account to be credited for the credit card transactions. It is recommended you request this service well in advance and provide the dates for when you intend to start and stop taking payments. We also require contact information (name, phone number, and email address) for a representive to handle customer service for your services and/or products.
Please ensure you have included the following information in your request:
(Below is example data)
- Detail Code: CAGF – Contact Cindy Matheson to get this
- Department CAGF – Contact Cindy Matheson to get this
- Start Date: August 1, 2012
- End Date: August 17, 2012
- Department Name: Advancement
- Process Name: Calgary Alumni Golf Tournament
- Contact Name: Maureen Schwartz
- Contact Phone: (403) 382-7174
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary Email (sends a daily summary of payments): email@example.com
- Does the price include GST: No
- Duplicate Invoice Number: no (don't allow dups)
* Please also email this information to David Thurlow so he can create the payment profile.
There is no cost for this service, as it is funded by the University.
Assistance with setup and integration is provided Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
Once set up, online payments can be accepted 24 hours/day 7 days/week, except during scheduled downtime and unplanned service interruptions. Downtime notifications are sent to the given contact email address with 3 business days notice whenever possible, so that the representative may take steps to notify their user base, or put up their own downtime notice as they deem appropriate.
Please contact the ITS Solutions Centre for assistance with this service (403-329-2490, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Room E610, University Hall).