If you are a faculty or staff member on the Exchange/Outlook server and have accidentally or prematurely deleted an email within the past 2 weeks, you can restore it in Outlook (Office Outook 2010 or Outlook Web App) by using the "Recover Deleted Items" tool. When using the Recover Deleted Items tool, emails are restored instantly.
If you are are a student or alum using Google Apps for Education and have deleted a message permanently by clicking "Delete Forever" in the Spam or Trash folders, it is not possible to recover the message.
Self-service for Exchange users:
Those using Outlook 2010 in Windows can access the tool using their Outlook client by following these steps:
- In your Outlook profile, click the Folder tab.
- Under Folder, in the Clean Up area, click the Recover Deleted Items button.
- In the Recover Deleted Items window, select the message(s) you wish to recover and click the Recover Selected Items icon.
All other users (Mac and web-based access) can access the tool by following these steps:
- Access Outlook Web App by going to https://webexchange.uleth.ca.
- Enter your User Name and Password.
- In the Mail view of your account, right click on the Deleted Items folder. Select Recover Deleted Items in the popup.
- Select the message(s) you wish to recover and click the Recover Selected Items button.
(Note: IT Services can also help you use this tool to restore the deleted email, if necessary.)
There is no cost for this service, as it is funded by the University.
Exchange Users: 24/7 for self service on Exchange
For ITS-assisted email restorations, please contact the Solutions Centre.
Please contact the ITS Solutions Centre for assistance with this service (403-329-2490, email@example.com, or Room E610, University Hall). Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.