Collaboration tools include technologies such as voice, video, web, instant messaging, desktop sharing, email, etc. and range from freeware to enterprise class. While IT Services endeavors to ensure these tools are fully operational, there are circumstances where a tool set cannot be utilized without putting the security of the UofL network at risk.
While an exhaustive list of collaboration tools is impractical because of constantly changing technologies, some of the more common currently supported tools include:
- Voice - Telephone, Conferencing, WebEx, Skype
- Video - Traditional Video Conferencing, Jabber, WebEx, Skype
- Web - WebEx, Bridgit, Skype
- Instant Messaging - Jabber, Skype, MSN Messenger, etc.
- Desktop Sharing - WebEx, Skype
Contact the ITS Solutions Centre to request this service.
Some of the tools listed above require licensing costs.
Please contact the ITS Solutions Centre for assistance with this service (403-329-2490, email@example.com, or Room E610, University Hall).