If you are a student, your "away" notice can be set in Google Mail by clicking on the "gear" icon, go to Settings, and scroll down to Vacation Responder.
If you are a faculty or staff member, follow these steps to set your "away" (vacation) email or to set your forwarding address:
- Log in to Outlook Web Access
- Click on the 'Options' button on the left-hand side of the window
- At the top of the email options under 'Out of Office Assistant' select the radio button that says "I'm currently out of the office"
- In the text field directly below the line that reads "AutoReply only once with the following text:" type in the message that you would like people to receive stating that you are out of the office.
- Go all the way to the bottom of the window, select 'Forward it to' and in the space provided, type the email address to which you wish to forward.
- Click 'Save and Close'
- Click 'Sign Out' to close Outlook Web Access
To disable your away notice, follow the same steps, but select the radio button corresponding to "I'm currently in the office" instead.