Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
1 pkg (227 g) sliced mushrooms
1 onion, diced
1 tsp (5 mL) Italian seasoning
6 slices ham or turkey (about 100 g), chopped
¼ tsp (1 mL) each salt and fresh ground pepper
1 cup (250 mL) shredded light old cheddar cheese
- In a nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onion and italian seasoning for about 10 minutes or until golden. Stir in ham.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper.
- Divide mushroom and ham mixture among 12 lightly sprayed muffin tins. Ladle egg mixture into muffin tins. Sprinkle each with some of the cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for about 20 minutes or until golden and knife inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Try cooking up zucchini or peppers with the mushrooms to change up your omelette flavour.
Per serving (1 muffin): Calories: 138, Protein: 11g, Fat: 9g, Carbohydrate: 3g, Fibre: 1g, Sodium: 288mg