With the help of an independent survey company (Metrics@Work), Wellness & Recognition is planning the third employee Health and Wellness survey. The goal is to capture trends, identify health and wellness programming and improve where possible. Watch for an email from Metrics@Work the week of March 19 and the survey will be open from March 19 - 30.
You have made an impact! Here's what happened as a result of the 2015 survey!
Healthy Food Options on Campus are Important:
– Developed Healthy Eating Options on campus flyer http://www.uleth.ca/hr/wellness/healthy-eating-options-campus . This is provided to new employees during orientation, and provided as a resource during the Health Check for U program.
- Organized a presentation by Dr. Kim Raines from the U of A “Transforming Food Environments: Are You Ready for the Challenge?” in November 2017.
Education and Awareness sessions on Employee Family Assistance program services:
- Communications campaign held Summer 2016 on Plan Smart Services
- Highlighted on ‘Did You Know’ section of Wellness Newsletter
- Provide information on regular basis when providing Mindful Employer Mental Health Workshops
Coping and Resiliency workshops for staff:
- Worked with Mindful Employer Canada to bring mental health workshops to departments/teams – ongoing
- Providing department meetings on resources available to employees including coping/resiliency strategies – ongoing
- Have booked a Wellness Lunch & Learn for February 2018 "Resilience in Work and in Life: Exploring the role of self-compassion" with Sienna Caspar
Calgary/Edmonton involvement in Wellness programs:
- Wellness Committee member from Calgary campus
- ‘Calgary Corner’ article in Wellness Newsletter
- Calgary specific wellness events; Health Check for U, ergonomic assessments, Bee Amazing Race
- Video conferencing options available for Calgary Campus to attend our Wellness Lunch & Learns
Incorporate Ways to be Physically Active on Campus:
- Developed Campus Walking Map http://www.uleth.ca/hr/wellness/campus-walking-maps
- Worked with Sports and Recreation Services to offer ‘Lunch Walk/Run Club’. Employees can purchase a $5.00/month pass to walk on the Indoor Track from 11 – 2 daily.
Utilize the expertise of campus community:
- Campus faculty and staff who have ‘expertise’ in different aspects of wellness have been speakers for Lunch and Learns and/or featured as ‘Wellness Champions’.
Thank you to all who took the time to fill out the 2015 Employee Health & Wellness Survey. The goal was to capture trends, identify health and wellness programming and improve where possible. 574 employees (or 49.4%) responded and we have captured the results.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO ONGOING SUGGESTIONS AND FEEDBACK FROM YOU!
Below is a summary of the 2015 survey results. Employee survey results brochure.pdf.
DID YOU KNOW....Planning and organization at work and home can greatly reduce stress. Take a look at this great article for tips and tricks.
Click here for a summary of results of the 2012 Employee Health and Wellness survey Employee H&W survey results 2012.pdf